Sunday 14 December 2008

What is Graphic Design...?

Whenever people ask me what degree I am doing, I always reply with Graphic Design - obviously. The next question is then 'oh [nodding like they understand]...so what do you do?' I then have this dilemma in my head; do I
a) explain every inch of my course, from briefing to module deadlines, and bore them into a coma when they were only trying to be interested
b) say 'oh its just colouring in, I don't really do anything' (ie. tell them quickly so that they can move on with the conversation)
c) get angry because it is really quite self explanatory - would they ask the same of a biology or med student - no because you get the basic idea from the title!

None of these are really appropriate, so from now on I think that I am going to direct them to this wonderful YouTube video so that they can get the basic idea for themselves.

No comments: