Sunday 8 February 2009

Post Crit...

I have listed all the advice given to me from our crit feedback forms;

1. Focuses for too long on the lines
I have tried to speed up the line movement, so that it doesn't focus on the line for too long, but connects to the genre elements faster

2. Work on pace
I have tried to adapt the parts that were too quick and parts that were too slow, so that they fit better with the overall animation

3. Make the animation shorter
I can't do this as it would not fit the requirements of the brief, it currently runs for 38 seconds

4. Add sound to strengthen image
I have chosen music that I want to use for the animation, I do not want to use actual sound effects for the genre elements, as there aren't really sound effects that fit with each one. I have chosen sound that doesn't take away from the imagery, but makes the overall piece stronger, and a typewriter effect at the very end, that fits with the animation

5. Change the website so that it fully matches the animation
I do not want to change the website design for several reasons; it is basically finished so changing it would be a rather large job, something that I do not have time for. Also, I have used the same colour scheme as the animation, but used non of the images from the animation and kept it very simple, as I don't want to give away the animation content. I do not want to make the design too complicated as it it meant to be a reference point for all my design work.

6. Add colour to the animation
This is something that I considered at the very beginning, but decided not to include. I am using cream/buff paper and black/black paper. I wanted to keep the design very simple, to represent ink and paper, something that I associate very strongly with authors and literature, similar to the typewriter element.

I hope that I have addressed the main issues that were brought up during the feedback crit, and that I have sufficiently explained the changes and elements I have decided not to change.

No comments: